Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Trip to Everest, Nepal

Have been fascinated by the Everest region of Nepal for years. It all started with my book club selecting Into Thin Air as our monthly read. Up to that point I thought anyone wanting to climb the highest mountain in the world was nuts. Had no interest in the book but thought I should at least make an effort, not expecting to finish the book.

So when I was hooked by the middle of the 1st page, I knew at some point in my life I would go to the Everest region of Nepal. So on October 3, 2009, my adventure buddy Darlene and I headed for a 17 day trek to Everest Base Camp, at an altitude of 18,000'. Highlights of my trek: hiking 4-8 hours every day; no booze; strictly vegetarian; accommodation was in $2.00 a night tea houses; no showers, electricity or flush toilets; going to bed at sunset and getting up at sunrise.

Am planning another trek to EBC in April, 2013 – want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment