Monday, April 25, 2011

Meet The Person Behind Amaryllis Events!

Heather Baker is the owner and Founder of Amaryllis Events. But what do we really know about Heather other the fact that she is an amazing event planner?

I had a chance to interview her some questions about her event planning company, family, and hobbies.

Q: How long has Amaryllis Events been in business?

I started Amaryllis Events in the Spring of 2000. I can't believe it's been so long.

why did you decide to become an event planner?

I have always been the party girl – I either am the life of the party or planning the party. I have been involved in planning and organizing events all my life so its just a natural extension of what I have always done.

Q: What is something unique about you?

I also have a degree from SFU in Woman Studies.

Q: What do you like to do on your spare time?

I love to cook, garden read and most of all, travel. In the last few years, I have been fortunate enough to have had some really cool trips. My favourites and most memorable are: a month in India travelling over 2,800km through historic Rajistan and then some R&R in Dubai on the way home; a 17day trek to Everest Base Camp in Nepal and 10 days in Shanghai at Expo using our home made VIP badges to avoid the long line ups at all the pavilions. My next adventure is a hike on the West Coast Trail.

My other passion – Gardening! It makes me really happy and I feel at peace in my garden. I even placed 1st place in a North Shore garden contest. That’s why I decided on the name Amaryllis Events, it’s one of my favourite flowers.”

Q: Do you have any pets?

“I do. I have two beautiful pugs, Toby who is 13 and his daughter Maggie. Toby loves to eat everything in sight! He once ate a dead crow on a walk and pooped feathers! He’s a riot! Maggie is calm but she loves being the dominate female of the family.”







By: Anna Louie
Amaryllis Events


No comments:

Post a Comment