Saturday, November 6, 2010

Welcome to the first Amaryllis Events blog.

I have been putting off blogging for so long and have had so many conversations with myself about starting it, that I just decided to go for it. Actually, I have been "going for it" all my life so establishing a boutique event planning organization was a natural fit for me. One of the questions I am often asked is how I chose 'Amaryllis Events' for my company name so here goes.

When I started my company, everything was falling into place except the name; nothing seemed to be the right fit until I started looking through my gardening books (I am an avid and an award winning gardener). I was captivated by the grandness of the amaryllis flower and thought, what a great name for a company! My research confirmed this. The flower is actually a flowering bulb originally from the Andes Mountain and is named after a shepherdess in Greek mythology. The word means sparking and refers to the attractive flower which resembles a star.

Amaryllis Events is all about sparkle and shine.


Photo of an amaryllis bulb




No comments:

Post a Comment